Saturday, June 4, 2016

Monthly Memorization: June

We just started a new tradition in our home - which I stole from my parents.

Every month when I was at home (and especially when I was homeschooled) we memorized a scripture and a quote of some kind. As we got older the verses got longer and the quotes turned into poems and passages. I didn't see the value in it when I was younger but now I realize that those memorization exercises were less about memorizing and more about teaching truth to our young hearts.

So, I wanted to start now as I focus on my little ones (3 and 1) and help them to have hearts that are soft and kind, and able to feel for others as well as themselves. And there's no better way to do that than by repeating often phrases and verses that will strengthen each member of our family and help us become better together.

Our command center has two clipboards for this purpose - I plan on changing them out every month as we work on different quotes and scripture verses. Feel free to join us!




Linking up at:

No comments:

Post a Comment