Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Being Joyful

C.S. Lewis is incredible. Every time I read his work, whether it's fiction or philosophy, I can't help but be amazed at the insights he gained during his life. 

This week I've been thinking a lot about how to be happy. Not just how to "feel" happy, but how to truly "be" happy. As I read through some of my favorite quotes on joy, these two from him stood out to me. 

I think one of the greatest challenges of modern time is realizing that joy can not be streamed. It can't be instantly at our fingertips in the same way Google is. Joy takes work, a concerted effort to develop in ourselves the ability to be joyful regardless of our circumstances. You can't trick yourself into being filled with joy, no amount of entertainment or pleasure will get you there, joy comes from some place within. 

I want to be better at being joyful. Any tips?

Click on images to download.



This post is partying HERE and HERE

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quotes and printables. I love the work of C.S. Lewis.

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being joyful is not always easy yet it should be because of all that the Lord has done for me. I am grateful and need to look up more often. Thanks for the reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to be joyful all the time but I must to, for my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete